Is having a dryer vent a necessity?
Running a dryer without a vent can not be seen as a safe option. Dryer vents are helpful for the creation of a suction force that will remove the lint from the clothes and allow the air to circulate more effectively.
Is an indoor dryer vent a safe option?
Venting the clothes dryer into the house may cause mould and condensation problems. During winters, homes might feel a little extra heated, and the air will feel more moist than normal. Low humidity inside homes can create problems such as dry skin or nasal passages.
How much space does a vent for the dryer need?
Around 6 inches will be an ideal space for installing a vent. Plus, some extra space is also needed for providing adequate ventilation for the dryer.
Why should I clean the dryer vent?
- Regular cleaning of the dryer vent will assure that the clothes are getting dried properly and promptly.
- Clean dryers ensure that no unnecessary energy is being wasted upon drying.
- Lesser the drying time, longer will be the life of your clothes
- Clogged vents can cause repair issues in the dryer
- The dryer won’t be able to perform proper functioning
- Higher risks of catching fire
Can I clean the dryer vent by myself?
For cleaning a dryer vent, we need a vacuum to clean lint from the ducts. Using the vacuum cleaner’s hose attachment, the hole present at the back of the dryer can be cleaned easily.
But this process is a little hard and time-consuming. It would be a lot simpler if you call someone from the dryer vent cleaning service centres. The process will be super easy and less hectic. Plus the prices are affordable, so there is no need to worry.
Is professional dryer vent cleaning necessary?
Well, dryer ducts should be professionally inspected once every year to reduce fire and carbon dioxide poisoning risks. The professional services will cost only between $75 to $150, depending on the size and location of the vent. But the services will definitely worth the money charged.
Signs that your dryer needs cleaning:
- Burning smell
- Longer drying duration
- The dryer becomes very hot after usage
- Lint coming out of the vent opening
- You have not cleaned the vent for a year